- The Graduate School home page
New Transfer Scholarship
Students who meet the criteria below will be considered for a Transfer Scholarship.
This scholarship is for students who have previously attended other colleges only!
New Transfer students who are accepted for admission and confirm their intention to enroll prior to May 1st will be considered for an academic scholarship. Scholarship funds are limited and are awarded on a first-come, first-served basis. Scholarship applications are not required.
All New Transfer scholarships are renewable for one consecutive academic year following the initial award. No application is required for renewal.
Transfer Presidential Scholarship
Award Amount: $3,000
To qualify students must:
- Be accepted for admission by May 1st.
- Enroll for a minimum of 12 credit hours each semester (Fall and Spring) at UT Tyler.
- Have a cumulative 3.3 GPA on all transfer course work.
- Be an incoming transfer student who has completed 30+ hours from a 4 year institution or,
- Be an incoming transfer student who has completed 45+ hours from a community college
Transfer Scholarships are renewable for one academic year following the initial award. No application is required for renewal. To renew scholarship students must:
- Complete 12 credit hours at UT Tyler for the semester(s) awarded.
- Maintain a minimum 2.0 GPA at UT Tyler.
New Graduate Fellowship
The New Graduate Student Fellowship $1,000 Awards are available for domestic and international, Texas and non-Texas residents. With this award, non-Texas residents also qualify for in-state tuition during their first academic year of graduate study only. The academic year begins each fall. For example, students who receive the award in the fall pay in-state tuition for that fall, spring and summer; students who are awarded in spring pay in-state for that spring and summer, and in the rare cases of summer admits, the award only covers that one semester.
For qualification information for this scholarship, you may visit The Graduate School Financial Support webpage.
College Scholarships (UT Tyler Returning Students Only)
There are several individual and endowed scholarships awarded by the various colleges of the University. They range in criteria, requirements and amounts. Students must have a minimum 3.0 Cumulative GPA in order to be eligible for a UT Tyler Returning Student Scholarship.
Students currently receiving the "Regents", "Patriot", "Patriot Achievement", "Presidential", "Graduate", "National Merit Finalist", and "National Merit Semi-Finalist" Scholarships are not eligible to receive College/Returning Student Scholarship funding.
College Scholarships do not automatically renew and require re-application annually.
Scholarship funds are limited and are awarded on a first-come, first-served basis.
New for Fall 2015 - Enrollment Requirements
- Undergraduate students must be enrolled in at least 12 semester credit hours during a Fall or Spring semester in order to receive a College/Returning Student Scholarship.
- Graduate students must be enrolled in at least 6 semester credit hours during a Fall or Spring semester in order to receive a College/Returning Student Scholarship.
Scholarship Application Process
- Applying for scholarships is now easier than ever with a simple 3 step process
- Log into your myUTTyler student account.
- Click on the Apply for Scholarships link.
- Select a scholarship and click "Am I Eligible?"
- Deadline for submission of College Scholarship application:
- Fall: April 1
- Spring: November 1
- Summer: January 1
Tuition Waivers for International Students
Requests for waivers of tuition and/or certain fees must be completed prior to the census date each semester.
Competitive Scholarship Waiver
To allow a public institution to grant a waiver of non-resident tuition charges to individuals who receive scholarships totaling at least $1,000 awarded by their institution in competition open both to residents and to non-residents.
Research Assistants and Teaching Assistants Waiver
To permit an individual employed at least half-time by a public institution of higher education as a research or teaching assistant, and his/her spouse and children, to enroll in public institutions in Texas while paying the resident tuition
Request for Research Assistants and Teaching Assistant Waiver