The University of Texas at Tyler
Department of Emergency Management and Safety
"Emergency Management" refers to the processes, strategies, and systems implemented to prepare for, respond to, mitigate, and recover from emergencies or crisis situations that may occur on campus.
Emergency Management Is Responsible For:
- Developing, updating, and exercising the overall University Emergency Operations Plan.
- Overseeing and coordinating emergency planning, mitigation, preparedness, response, and recovery efforts on campus.
- Educating the campus community on how to best protect themselves
- Facilitating exercises and coordinating drills in support of the plans
- Notifying the campus community upon declaration of a state of emergency, including appropriate external agencies and maintaining the University’s Emergency Operations Center.
- Coordinating centralized resources with responsible personnel.
- Access our EMERGENCY FLIP CHARTS in pdf format: Main Campus - North Campus