Commencement is the ceremony held by the University for students who are expected to have successfully completed all of their graduation requirements by the end of the semester. The Commencement ceremony celebrates the academic achievements of these students. Candidates do not receive their diplomas during the Commencement ceremony. There are only two Commencement ceremonies a year, one at the end of the fall semester, and one at the end of the spring semester.
The Spring 2021 Commencement ceremonies will recognize Spring 2020, Summer 2020, Fall 2020 and Spring 2021 graduates.
Spring 2021 Commencement
Location: Patriot Plaza
Date & Time:
Friday, April 30th, 2021
- College of Nursing and Health Sciences (Undergraduate)
- College of Nursing and Health Sciences (Professional & Graduate)
- College of Arts and Science
- School of Community of Rural Health
- School of Medical Biological Sciences
- 6:00pm – College of Education and Psychology (CEP)
Saturday, May 1st, 2021
- College of Engineering
- Fisch College of Pharmacy
- Soules College of Business (Graduate)
- Soules College of Business (Undergraduate)
- Masks (covering mouth and nose) will be required for all guests, students, faculty and ushers to be worn at all times.
- 6ft social distancing will be enforced through standing and seated areas.
- The Spring 2021 Commencement ceremonies will proceed rain or shine.
- There will be no storage area for your belongings, please bring only what you can
carry on your person. The UT Tyler staff and faculty will not take possession of or
be responsible for any of your belongings.
- There will be no storage area for your belongings, please bring only what you can carry on your person. The UT Tyler staff and faculty will not take possession of or be responsible for any of your belongings.
- In the event there is severe weather we will notify all candidates of any adjustments.
If you have questions regarding Commencement, please contact email@example.com.
Current students looking for graduation and diploma information may visit the Graduation page.