UT Tyler Office of Career Success
Find Direction. Refine Your Skills. Meet Employers.
The mission of the Office of Career Success is to support all undergraduate, graduate and professional students and alumni success by providing a clear and direct path to career placement. The Office of Career Success will facilitate relationships and networking opportunities between students, faculty, alumni, and employers by developing programming in three areas: career development, internships and experiential learning and employer relations.
The University of Texas at Tyler Office of Career Success offers guidance, resources, and support to help Patriot students navigate the career development process.
Enhance your career development by attending UT Tyler Career Success events, including:
Join us at our annual career fairs in order to enhance your organization's brand on campus and build relationships with our students. The Office of Career Success hosts several career fairs throughout the school year providing you with many opportunities to meet and engage with our students. This semester our career fairs will be virtual, please visit Career Events for dates and info on how to register.
Our Career Coaches are committed to one thing; helping you discover a career you love! We can help you with job and internship searches, resumes, cover letters, career exploration, interviews or just general career guidance. Meet the Career Coaches and learn more about how to setup an appointment.
- From resume writing to networking, workshops are offered on a variety of career development topics to refine your skills and guide you down the path to success. See upcoming workshops in the Calendar of Events.
More Resources for Career Success
Develop, evaluate and implement your career path through comprehensive UT Tyler services including:
- Career assessments are offered in various elements of self-discovery – from personality and interests
to strengths and skills – to help identify your occupational options. You can take
the assessments online and get your results immediately. You'll have the option to
discuss your results with a Career
- Career coaching appointments are available to discuss career preparation and exploration, have your resume reviewed, or do a mock interview.
- Explore Handshake to search and apply for jobs and internships.
- Coursera Career Academy - Access over 35 entry-level Professional Certificates, from top companies like Google, IBM, Meta, and Intuit, that prepare students without prior work experience to enter attractive digital careers in areas like UX Design, Data Analytics, Software Development, and Bookkeeping.
Plan for your future by finding important information about potential earnings, average student loan debt, and employment earnings for the first five years post-graduation by degree major.Learn More...